This qualification is designed to meet the needs of builders, including selecting contractors, overseeing the work and its quality, and liaising with the client. The builder may also be the appropriately licensed person with responsibility under the relevant building licensing authority in the State or Territory.
The qualification also meets the needs of senior managers within building, construction and services firms typically working in larger organisations and managing more complex projects and processes.
Occupational titles may include:
- Construction manager.
The qualification has core unit of competency requirements that cover common skills for the construction industry.
The construction industry strongly affirms that training and assessment leading to recognition of skills must be undertaken in a real or very closely simulated workplace environment and this qualification requires all included units of competency to be delivered in this context.
Completion of the general induction training program specified by the National Code of Practice for Induction Training for Construction Work (ASCC 2007) is required before entering a construction work site. Achievement of unit CPCCOHS1001A covers this requirement.
Additional units of competency may be required to meet builder registration requirements in various States and Territories.
Typically 1.5 – 2 years and may vary on individual applicants’ circumstances
This is program is delivered in a blended combination of work-place based, classroom-based, CiRT and self-directed learning.
The training will be delivered via training stages scheduled as per Appendix 1.
Delivery Location: Revesby NSW– 251 Milperra Road
To achieve this qualification, the Learner must demonstrate competency:
- units of competency:
4 core units
- 6 elective units.
The elective units are to be chosen as follows:
up to 6 units from general elective units
up to 2 units from qualifications in CPC08 or another current Training Package or state accredited course, provided the integrity of the AQF alignment is ensured, they contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome, and that no more than:
- 1 unit is from a Diploma qualification.
- 1 unit is from an Advanced Diploma qualification.
Some units in this qualification may have prerequisite requirements, which must be met when packaging the qualification. Users are referred to the list of CPC08 units with prerequisite unit requirements available in this Training Package for this purpose.
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|BSBOHS603B||Analyse and evaluate OHS risk|
|CPCCBC6001B||Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for large building projects|
|CPCCBC6003A||Establish, maintain and review contract administration procedures and frameworks|
|CPCCBC6018A||Manage processes for complying with legal obligations of a building or construction contractor|
The electives selected for the qualification are the following
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|CPCCBC6007A||Develop, plan and implement appropriate building or construction environmental management practices and processes|
|CPCCBC6009A||Develop, plan and implement an appropriate building or construction planning process|
|CPCCBC6011A||Establish systems to develop and monitor building and construction costs|
|CPCCBC6012A||Manage and administer development of documentation for building or construction projects|
|CPCCBC6014A||Apply structural principles to the construction of large, high rise and complex buildings|
There are no pre-requisites for this course
For CPCCBC5018 Apply structural principles to the construction of buildings up to 3 storeys the following pre-requisite applies
- CPCCBC5001 Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for Type B construction
- CPCCBC4053 Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for Class 2 to 9, Type C buildings
For CPCCBC4010 Apply structural principles to residential and commercial constructions the following pre-requisite applies
- CPCCBC4053 Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for Class 2 to 9 Type C buildings
- CPCCBC4001 Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for Class 1 and 10 buildings
There are no formal requirements for entry into this qualification. Avante Education has set out the following pre-entry requirements.
- Must be currently employed in the building and construction industry and working on active construction projects under a supervised builder.
- Prospective learners will be required to go through a formal face to face and/ or CiRT Interview with one of our Learning Pathway Advisors to establish whether the desired course is the correct qualification for their career path/job prospects.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN)
- Prospective Learner is required to undertake a Language, Literacy, and Numeracy (LLN) assessment prior to enrolment at the time of the Pre-training interview.
- Prospective Learner who meets the minimum requirements for LLN evaluation would be considered to meet PC Literacy requirements
- Prospective Learner who does not meet the minimum requirements for LLN evaluation will be evaluated individually.
- Prospective Learner who has completed an Australian Year 12 qualification are not required to complete a LLN Assessment.
Minimum technology Requirements
Have access to the following minimum requirements for the full duration of this qualification.
- Tablet or laptop device
- Access to the Internet wirelessly
- Device is able to install 1. A Mac, Window, Vista, IOS or android operating systems,
- Google account or gmail
Digital Literacy Evaluation
As part of the Pre-training interview process with a prospective learner, a digital literacy evaluation will be conducted (PC Skills) to ensure that they will be successfully able to complete a course with an online component.
This includes but not limited to:
- The ability to logon to a computer
- Access emails and click a link within an email.
- Login into an online database (LLN Tool)
- Use a mouse and keyboard.
- Read and respond to online text.
An LLN test will be provided in the application journey to determin your level in language, literacy, and numeracy, and whether extra support will be needed for your to complete this course. If you have completed an Australia Year 12 qualification you will not be required to complete an LLN test.
The assessment process will include the gathering of evidence to demonstrate the learner’s competency as demonstrated in the workplace and underpinning knowledge in theory-based assessments.
Trainers will be provided with detailed instructions to assessment requirements for each unit. (The specific methods for each Unit of Competency are identified within this document under ‘Evidence Gathering Techniques’; further detail is available in the Assessor Assessment Guide).
This is a competency-based program, assessment occurs throughout the entire program until the learner either achieves competency in the assessment tasks or any further training needs are identified and addressed.
Assessment arrangements are learner’s worksite, classroom and CiRT
Refer to the section on Evidence Gathering techniques
To achieve an award in this qualification (CPC60212), you must achieve competency in a total of 10 units. This includes all four (4) core units and six (6) elective units
The issuance of this qualification is subject to:
- All fees and charges paid in accordance with AVANTE Fees, Charges, Refund Policy
- USI Number disclosure
- VSN Number disclosure (if applicable)
Avante Education has a policy to acknowledge formal Statements of Attainments issued by another RTO.
Where learners have made an application for Credit Transfer on any of the equivalent units in this qualification, credit will be granted, and the learner will not be required to repeat the training in those units where application has been made and credit has been granted.
The competencies in this qualification may be attained through the process of Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). RPL takes into consideration the candidates’ previous training, work and life experience.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) opportunities will be identified and addressed during the pre-training interview process.
Learners will also be provided with an RPL Candidate guide to assist the learner in identifying any Recognition of Prior Learning either through previous training, work, or life experience or to how to prepare a portfolio of evidence.
At Avante Education we believe that your course should be tailored for you. Our pre-enrolment process will take you on a personal journey and allows you to be part of the process.
1. Us getting to know you…
- Who you are, your prior work experience (if any)
- Your learning preferences
- Your career aspirations
- How much time you have available to complete your course
- The best learning environment suited for you at your workplace or on campus
- How much support you will need with language, literacy, numeracy skills and computer skills
2. Thanks to your contribution we can now provide you with a tailored course plan which includes…
- Key course information
- Delivery schedule adjustments for any approved course credits that may reduce your length of training
- Delivery and assessment proposed dates
- Delivery and assessment methods
- Minimum technology requirements
- Statement of fees indicating all fees, government subsidies (if eligible), and options of payment
- Terms & Conditions
3. After these formalities you will be prepared for your commencement and…
- Be invited to join an induction to go through some best practice protocols for a successful learning journey
- Be acquantied with your Trainer
- Be provided access to your digital learner portal
4. You are now ready to…
- Join your own personally designed learning program on course commencement date
This course is delivered in the following locations
Our Virtual Classroom delivery option enables you to have a study location which is flexible to your current lifestyle and situation.
Our new Building & Construction, Civil Construction, Plumbing and Eviromental headquarters coming in 2022
This is our standard fee based on a full program enrolment. Program fees vary based on each individual’s enrolment details. Final course fees are offered after an individual assessment. For more information click here
|Digital Learner Resources1||$80|
- 1 – Accessing the learner resources can either be digital (online access via a personal computer or mobile device) or hardcopy (printed learner resources). Printed learner resources are an extra $420
The application and learner resource fee is paid upfront to confirm your enrolment. This is paid once you officially accept your course proposal.