This qualification is designed to meet the needs of contract administrators and schedulers in the building and construction field who may have responsibility for contract administration from predetermined rates, processing of subcontractor claims and preparation of head and subcontracts for building and construction works.
Occupational titles may include:
- Contract Administrator
The construction industry strongly affirms that training and assessment leading to recognition of skills must be undertaken in a real or very closely simulated workplace environment and this qualification requires all units of competency to be delivered in this context.
Typically, 0.5 – 1.0 years and may vary on individual applicants’ circumstances
Units of Competency
This is program is delivered in a blended combination of classroom-based, CiRT and self-directed learning.
To achieve this qualification, the candidate must demonstrate competency:
For the award of the CPC40320 Certificate IV in Building Project Support (Contract Administrator) electives are to be successfully completed as follows:
15 units of competency:
- 2 Core units
- 13 Elective units
- all Group A elective units
- minimum of three units from Group B elective units
- remaining units from general electives
- a maximum of two units may be from any training package or accredited course as long as they ensure the integrity of the qualification’s Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) alignment and contribute to a valid, industry supported vocational outcome
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|CPCCBC4012||Read and interpret plans and specifications|
|CPCCBC4014||Prepare simple building sketches and drawings|
The electives selected for the qualification are the following
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|CPCCBC4003||Select, prepare and administer a construction contract|
|CPCCBC4006||Select, procure and store construction materials for building and construction projects|
|CPCCBC4026||Arrange building applications and approvals|
|CPCCBC4031||Process client requirements|
|BSBPMG422||Apply project quality management techniques|
|CPCCBC4001||Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for Class 1 and 10 Buildings|
|CPCCBC4004||Identify and produce estimated costs for building and construction projects|
|CPCCBC4005||Produce labour and material schedules for ordering|
|CPCCBC4007||Plan building or construction work|
|CPCCBC4010||Apply structural principles to residential and commercial constructions|
|CPCCBC4013||Prepare and evaluate tender documentation|
|CPCCBC4024||Resolve business disputes|
|CPCCBC4053A||Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for Class 2 to 9, Type C buildings|
*Please check the pre-requisites for this unit
For CPCCBC4010 – Apply structural principles to residential and commercial construction
- CPCCBC4053 – Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for Class 2 to 9 Type C building.
CPCCBC4001 – Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for Class 1 and 10 buildings.
Minimum technology Requirements
- Have access to a TECHkit and basic understanding with the following minimum requirements for the full duration of this qualification.
- Tablet or laptop device
- Access to the Internet wirelessly
- Device is able to install 1. A Mac, Window, Vista, IOS or android operating systems,
- Google account or gmail
Prospective learners will be required to go through a formal face to face and/ or CiRT Interview with one of our Learning Pathway Advisors to establish whether the desired course is the correct qualification for their career path/job prospects.
Applicants who have completed an Australian Year 12 qualification are not required to complete a LLN Assessment.
As part of the Pre-training interview process with a prospective learner, a digital literacy evaluation will be conducted (PC Skills) to ensure that they will be successfully able to complete a course with an online component.
This includes but not limited to:
- The ability to logon to a computer
- Access emails and click a link within an email.
- Login into an online database (LLN Tool)
- Use a mouse and keyboard.
- Read and respond to online text.
Candidates who meet the minimum requirements for LLN evaluation would be considered to meet PC Literacy requirements
Candidates who do not meet the minimum requirements for LLN evaluation will be evaluated individually.
This qualification is suitable for an Australian Traineeship pathway
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
An LLN test will be provided in the application journey to determin your level in language, literacy, and numeracy, and whether extra support will be needed for your to complete this course. If you have completed an Australia Year 12 qualification you will not be required to complete an LLN test.
Online Service Standards
Click here for the details of our Online Service Standards
The assessment process will include the gathering of evidence to demonstrate the learner’s competency as demonstrated in the workplace and underpinning knowledge in theory-based assessments.
Trainers will be provided with detailed instructions to assessment requirements for each unit. (The specific methods for each Unit of Competency are identified within this document under ‘Evidence Gathering Techniques’; further detail is available in the Assessor Assessment Guide).
This is a competency-based program, assessment occurs throughout the entire program until the learner either achieves competency in the assessment tasks or any further training needs are identified and addressed.
Assessment arrangements are learner’s, classroom and CiRT
Refer to the section on Evidence Gathering techniques
Accreditation & Award
Upon successful completion of all 2 core units and 13 elective units in this course of study, learners will be awarded the qualification CPC40320 Certificate IV in Building Project Support – Contract Administrator . The issuance of this qualification is subject to:
- All fees and charges paid in accordance with AVANTE Fees, Charges, Refund Policy
- USI Number disclosure
- VSN Number disclosure (if applicable)
Avante Education has a policy to acknowledge formal Statements of Attainments issued by another RTO.
Where learners have made an application for Credit Transfer on any of the equivalent units in this qualification, credit will be granted, and the learner will not be required to repeat the training in those units where application has been made and credit has been granted.
Recognition of Prior Learning
The competencies in this qualification may be attained through the process of Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). RPL takes into consideration the candidates’ previous training, work and life experience.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) opportunities will be identified and addressed during the pre-training interview process.
Learners will also be provided with an RPL Candidate guide to assist the learner in identifying any Recognition of Prior Learning either through previous training, work, or life experience or to how to prepare a portfolio of evidence.
Your Application Journey
At Avante Education we believe that your course should be tailored for you. Our pre-enrolment process will take you on a personal journey and allows you to be part of the process.
1. Us getting to know you…
- Who you are, your prior work experience (if any)
- Your learning preferences
- Your career aspirations
- How much time you have available to complete your course
- The best learning environment suited for you at your workplace or on campus
- How much support you will need with language, literacy, numeracy skills and computer skills
2. Thanks to your contribution we can now provide you with a tailored course plan which includes…
- Key course information
- Delivery schedule adjustments for any approved course credits that may reduce your length of training
- Delivery and assessment proposed dates
- Delivery and assessment methods
- Minimum technology requirements
- Statement of fees indicating all fees, government subsidies (if eligible), and options of payment
- Terms & Conditions
3. After these formalities you will be prepared for your commencement and…
- Be invited to join an induction to go through some best practice protocols for a successful learning journey
- Be acquantied with your Trainer
- Be provided access to your digital learner portal
4. You are now ready to…
- Join your own personally designed learning program on course commencement date
This course is delivered in the following locations
Fees & Funding
This is our standard fee based on a full program enrolment. Program fees vary based on each individual’s enrolment details. Final course fees are offered after an individual assessment. For more information click here
|Digital Learner Resources1||$80|
- 1 – Accessing the learner resources can either be digital (online access via a personal computer or mobile device) or hardcopy (printed learner resources). Printed learner resources are an extra $420
The application and learner resource fee is paid upfront to confirm your enrolment. This is paid once you officially accept your course proposal.