When Hair is more than just a passion, then this course is for you. For people who wish to be a skilled senior hairdresser who can use a range of highly developed sales, consultation and technical skills and knowledge to provide a broad range of hairdressing services to clients. As a senior hairdresser you will be able to provide specialist services in more areas including haircutting, design, colouring and complex colour correction, makeup and apply a range of hair extensions. Learn to work independently and as many hairdressers at this level provide technical leadership, training and support to team members in the advancement of their career.
Take the pathway to work as a senior hairdresser and be recognised in a salon environment, a freelance session stylist or a technical advisor in product companies.
This qualification is for those who wish to advance a career in the Hairdressing industry and is open to the general public which has been designed with prerequisites described below, that enjoy face to face interactive learning, with a high content of practical application to skills acquisition.
Typically, 6 months including school holidays preriods, and may vary on individual applicants’ circumstances.
The duration may be reduced for individual Learner if credit towards the qualification is given in the form of recognition of prior learning, credit transfer or where the learner has some industry experience where skill gap training may be a more appropriate training program for that learner.
This information is collected and analysed during information and enrolment session.
This program is delivered in a blended combination of classroom-based, CiRT and self-directed learning.
The training will be delivered via training stages based on industry consultation.
These stages provide context to the delivery, a greater comprehension and relevance in the relationship between one unit and the other for you to gain a complex and greater understanding of the underpinning knowledge required for each of the units.
Entry into this qualification must always commence with Stage 1.
Stages 2 must be the next stage which is open while stage 1 remains open.
Stage 3 to the final stage have the flexibility to be sequenced in any order of delivery, but the units selected in each stage must remain in each stage.
Please check out our delivery plan in the documents section of this course page.
To achieve SHB40216 – Certificate IV in Hairdressing qualification, you must demonstrate competency:
11 units of competency:
- 2 Core units
- 9 Elective units
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|SHBHTLS001||Provide technical leadership to hairdressing teams|
|SHBHTLS002||Research and use hairdressing trends to advance creative work|
The electives selected for the qualification are the following
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|SHBHCLS006||Solve complex colour problems|
|SHBHCLS007||Enhance hair designs using creative colouring and lightening techniques|
|SHBHCUT008||Design and perform creative haircuts|
|SHBHDES005||Select and apply hair extensions|
|BSBSTR401||Promote innovation in team environment|
|BSBMKG434||Promote products and services|
|BSBTWK502||Manage team effectiveness|
|SHBBMUP003||Design and apply make-up for photography|
|SHBHTLS003||Work as a session stylist|
For CPCCBC4010 – Apply structural principles to residential and commercial construction the following pre-requisite applies
- CPCCBC4053 – Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for Class 2 to 9 Type C building.
- CPCCBC4001 – Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for Class 1 and 10 buildings.
The pre-requisites of study requirements for entry into this qualification.
- You must be employed in the Hairdressing industry.
- Have achieved a Certificate III in Hairdressing (or equivalent) and
- Have at least one-year post-qualification full time employment experience as a hairdresser in a salon environment where thy have applied the skills and knowledge covered in the above (or equivalent) qualification
- You must have successfully completed SHBHCUT006 – Create combined haircut structures
Minimum technology Requirements
- You have access to a device that meets the minimum requirements of Avante Education’s <a href=”https://avante.app.axcelerate.com/showDoc.cfm?DocID=402705″>BYOD Minimum Requirements Assessment & Conditions of Use</a> for the full duration of the course.
- Tablet or laptop device
- Access to the Internet wirelessly
- Device is able to install 1. A Mac, Window, Vista, iOS, ChromeOS or Android operating systems
- Google account or gmail
An LLN test will be provided in the application journey to determin your level in language, literacy, and numeracy, and whether extra support will be needed for your to complete this course. If you have completed an Australia Year 12 qualification you will not be required to complete an LLN test.
Assessments methods may include:
- Written activities
- Written Questions
- Workplace Based
The assessment methods may change subject to your individual learning circumstances.
Upon successful completion of all units which meet the packaging rules in this course of study, learners will be awarded the qualification SHB40216 – Certificate IV in Hairdressing
The issuance of this qualification is subject to:
- All fees and charges paid in accordance with Avante Education Fees, Charges, Refund Policy
- USI Number disclosure and verification
- VSN Number disclosure and verification (if applicable)
Avante Education has a policy to acknowledge formal Statements of Attainments issued by another RTO.
Where learners have made an application for Credit Transfer on any of the equivalent units in this qualification, credit will be granted, and the learner will not be required to repeat the training in those units where application has been made and credit has been granted.
The competencies in this qualification may be attained through the process of Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). RPL takes into consideration the candidates’ previous training, work and life experience.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) opportunities will be identified and addressed during the pre-training interview process.
Learners will also be provided with an RPL Candidate guide to assist the learner in identifying any Recognition of Prior Learning either through previous training, work, or life experience or to how to prepare a portfolio of evidence.
At Avante Education we believe that your course should be tailored for you. Our pre-enrolment process will take you on a personal journey and allows you to be part of the process.
1. Us getting to know you…
- Who you are, your prior work experience (if any)
- Your learning preferences
- Your career aspirations
- How much time you have available to complete your course
- The best learning environment suited for you at your workplace or on campus
- How much support you will need with language, literacy, numeracy skills and computer skills
2. Thanks to your contribution we can now provide you with a tailored course plan which includes…
- Key course information
- Delivery schedule adjustments for any approved course credits that may reduce your length of training
- Delivery and assessment proposed dates
- Delivery and assessment methods
- Minimum technology requirements
- Statement of fees indicating all fees, government subsidies (if eligible), and options of payment
- Terms & Conditions
3. After these formalities you will be prepared for your commencement and…
- Be invited to join an induction to go through some best practice protocols for a successful learning journey
- Be acquantied with your Trainer
- Be provided access to your digital learner portal
4. You are now ready to…
- Join your own personally designed learning program on course commencement date
This course is delivered in the following locations
Our new Beauty, Wellness, Hairdressing and Barbering headquarters coming in 2022
This is our standard fee based on a full program enrolment. Program fees vary based on each individual’s enrolment details. Final course fees are offered after an individual assessment. For more information click here
|Digital Learner Resources1||$80|
|Tuition Fee||Contact us now to find out|
- 1 – Accessing the learner resources can either be digital (online access via a personal computer or mobile device) or hardcopy (printed learner resources). Printed learner resources are an extra $420
- 2 – Tuition Fee for students eligible for Victorian Government subsidised training
The application and learner resource fee is paid upfront to confirm your enrolment. This is paid once you officially accept your course proposal.
We have payment options to pay for your materials kit
- Upfront payment in full either via credit card or cash
- humm Buy Now, Pay Later
- zip Buy Now, Pay Later
You should only apply for Buy Now, Pay Later services once we send your course proposal.